Friday 16 July 2010

FOTD with RMK Spring Modern Eyes #1 Goldish Blue

TGIF! Boy am I glad that the weekend has finally arrived. This was another killer week where it just felt that I was getting bombarded by work emails non-stop. Still, I think the stress of some deadlines helped me to finally focus and it actually ended up being a very productive week.

Anyway, I decided to use one of my recent acquisitions, RMK Spring Modern Eyes #1 Goldish Blue for today's look. Since purchasing this in late May, I think I've only used it three times including today. Not because I don't like it but simply because I try to rotate through the various brands in my stash. And I still have new items from my New York trip yet to try out! But I'm slowing getting around to them.

After prepping with Testimo Eye Bright Up Base, I used the included brush to apply the light blue shade over the browbone area. Next, I used the sponge applicator to apply the lavender shade from the inner corners to the middle of the lid and the medium blue shade at the outer corners and along the upper lashline. Then I used a small MAC eyeshadow brush to apply the pale gold shade at the inner corners and along the lower lashline.

The pic below was taken under indoor lighting while the two pics above were taken near the window in early morning light.

Here're the rest of the products I used today: Dior Compact Control X4 Powder Foundation, Guerlain Meteorites Butterfly Pearls, Stila One Step Prime Color Capri Coral on the cheeks, Maybelline The Falsies Volum'express mascara, K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow #1, Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Liner, Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment, RMK Face Protector N SPF31 and Super Basic Liquid Concealer EX-01.

I don't know how I'll ever use up the Guerlain Meteorites Butterfly Pearls even with daily use! This was from the Holiday collection in 2008 but it still looks like when I first purchased it even though I use very often as a finishing powder. Plus the balls are larger than the usual Meteorites. Not that I'm complaining, as this is still my favourite Guerlain product.

Have a lovely weekend ahead, everyone!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi! I think this look suits you fabulously! Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

I think the blues enhances your eyes really well. I am really careful with the type of blues I use because sometimes I could end up looking too cool for my liking.

Rmk has really nice eyeshadows, I love all the christmas editions!

Thank you for sharing again. Have a great weekend =)

Michelle said...

You look fantastic Iris and you have inspired me to use this palette this weekend :)

Anonymous said...

i like how you did your cat lines. it is a favourite line of mine at the moment. i think it suits our droppy eyelids well. that Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Liner looks very good. i have never heard of it though.

and the blues suits your eye colour very well too. brown eyes really should wear more blues and black! :)

galpal.hi said...

That's a gorgeous eyeshadow palette! I love the colors. Your FOTD is gorgeous as well.

*Kat*

Anonymous said...

This look looks really refreshing on you :)! love it

Anonymous said...

hi iris, which of the liquid liners between the heroine make smooth, heavy rotation and dolly wink do you prefer?

Haru said...

hi,
I definitely prefer the Heroine Make liquid liner over the Dolly Wink one. I haven't tried the Heavy Rotation one but my friend, Kas, loves it. You can read her review here:
http://cocomotion.onsugar.com/REVIEW-KISS-ME-HEAVY-ROTATION-LIQUID-EYELINER-INCLUDING-COMMANDO-STYLE-ATTACK-9077057

Hey puranki,
Thank you!

hi Kat,
Thanks! The RMK Spring Modern Eyes are a bit sheer but the shades do look quite nice when applied and I like the very fin shimmer.

hi Jojoba,
Heroine Make is a Japanese drugstore brand. They make mainly mascaras, eyeliners, false eyelashes.

hey Michelle,
thank you!

hi Lisa,
I agree, some blues don't look good on my skintone but I like blues that lean towards lavender.

Miss Beauty Maven said...

Great summer look, I also have the Guerlain product... just does not seem to go away!!