Saturday 3 July 2010

REN Frankincense Revitalising Night Cream

Since arriving in New Delhi two weeks ago, I've been using a small sample tube of REN Frankincense and Boswellia Serrata Revitalising Night Cream to keep my skin hydrated in the dry climate over here. In Singapore, I often just use a toner and/or lightweight serum and skip moisturiser as my skin gets oily easily. But in Delhi, I need a moisturiser to keep my skin, especially my nose, from flaking.

For those who are unfamiliar with the brand, REN is a British skincare brand that is known for using 'bio-active' ingredients and being free from skin-unfriendly synthetic ingredients such as synthetic fragrance and colours, petrochemicals, propylene glycol, animal ingredients, PEGs, TEA/DEA, sulfates, silicones and parabens. REN does not test on animals.

The Frankincense and Boswellia Serrata Revitalising Night Cream (which has since been shortened to just 'Frankincense Revitalising Night Cream') contains Vitamin C and citroflavonoids from Calabrian oranges reduce free radical damage and boost collagen formation, frankincense and Boswellic acid to relax facial muscles, phytosterols from camellia and wheat germ to boost lipid content and restore moisture level.

The texture is quite creamy and it absorbs very easily into the skin without any greasy after-feeling. When I wake up in the morning, there is some oiliness on my T-zone, but at least my skin is otherwise well-hydrated, soft and free of flakes and dry patches. It also did not cause any breakouts. Overall, I found this to be a gentle and effective moisturiser.

In Singapore, REN is available exclusively at the Escentials boutique in Tangs Orchard. I'm not sure how much the Frankincense Revitalising Night Cream retails for at Escentials but it costs £30.00 for 50ml on Renskincare.com and US$55 on Sephora.com.

You can check out the official website here.

2 comments:

Vonvon said...

I tried out a travel-sized tube of this some time back and I have finished it. But I kept wanting more of it - it's like my HG night cream.

The scent is woody and calming, the texture is great and it leaves my skin looking bright and radiant in the morning.

But alas, I am not buying the full-sized yet as I still have loads of other skincare (incl night cream) to finish up.

Anonymous said...

The scent of Frankincense always reminds me of Catholic Churches.