Wednesday 6 October 2010

MAC She Who Dares Mineralize Eye Shadow

MAC She Who Dares (from the Venomous Villains collection) is very aptly named as it is not for the faint of heart. In particular, the green shade shines with a fierce tinsel-like brilliance.

With baked mineral eyeshadows, the swirl pattern of the various shades can change as you go deeper into into the pan. With my pot of She Who Dares, the first swipe of the sponge applicator caused the blackened green parts in the area outlined in pink in the pic above to turn a brighter, more uniform shiny green, as shown in the pic below.

After prepping with Testimo Eye Bright Up Base, I applied the green shade from the upper lashline to the crease and along the outer half of the lower lashline. Next, I applied the blue shade (using the bottom white-streaked half) in the crease and then blended Crepe from the Stila Pretty in Paris palette over the browbone area, at the inner corners and along the lower lashline. The green shade was much more intense and applied almost like molten glitter. That's how shiny it was! And the bling factor did not dim even after several hours.

I was earlier told by the Tangs MAC MA that the other counters in Singapore will be launching the Venomous Villains collection tomorrow (7 Oct) but I think the correct date is actually Friday 8 Oct. MAC collections are usually released on Fridays.

I used Shiseido Automatic Fine Eyeliner BK901, Nourishing Mascara Base and Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion mascara. Sadly, the Nourishing Mascara Base was not able to improve the performance of Lash Blast Fusion significantly. Having also tried Lash Blast Length and Lash Blast Luxe, I think the Lash Blast line just does not work well for my sparse straight lashes.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I am new to doing eye colors and I love the way this eye color looks on you. Can you kindly share what brushes you use when you are doing up the colors on the eye.... ?

I think that would be very informative for me :P

Keira :)

Haru said...

hi Keira,
I used a sponge tip applicator to apply the green and blue shades in She Who Dares. For highlighting the browbone area, I just used a small eyeshadow brush like MAC 213. Hope that helps!

Anonymous said...

Hi Haru,

Thanks for your reply... regarding the sponge tip, is it something like the smudger brush from The Body Shop ?

Keira

Haru said...

Hi,
I think the Body Shop version is much larger, I used a sponge tip applicator from one of my Lunasol palettes.

Anonymous said...

I see.. thanks for your reply! :D

Keira

Kas said...

Wowza at the lips! I've yet to venture into the deeper dark lip colours but they're nice! :D

Vonvon said...

I must get She Who Dares! I wanted My Dark Magic so much, but I think now I want She Who Dares even more...the green shade is just so pretty!